The second release from British publisher Read-Only Memory is a 300 page documentary art retrospective on the Mega Drive console edited by Keith Stuart. The book was developed in collaboration with SEGA and features previously unseen archive material, development artwork, concept sketches as well as original hardware diagrams. The book is currently funding on Kickstarter. Some highlights:
Over 20 interviews with original Japanese SEGA team members and US developers, including:
• Greg Johnson (Co-Creator of ToeJam & Earl)
• Peter Morawiec (Creator of Comix Zone)
• Rich Karpp (Developer of Vectorman and Vectorman 2)
• Michael Latham (Producer of Eternal Champions)
• Ed Annunziata (Creator of Ecco the Dolphin)
The book is fully licensed by SEGA and will also feature:
• Previously unseen concept artwork, design documents and sketches for a wealth of SEGA’s 16-bit titles, including Bare Knuckle/Streets of Rage, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe and ToeJam & Earl.
• Hardware manufacturing plans and concept illustrations.• 20+ exclusive interviews with legendary Japanese SEGA developers, including: Naoto Oshima (Sonic the Hedgehog), Yu Suzuki (Space Harrier) and Yuji Naka (Sonic the Hedgehog).
• 15,000-word essay by Keith Stuart.
• Foreword by Dave Perry (Earthworm Jim, Aladdin).
LINK: READ ONLY MEMORY
Submitted by Matteo Bittanti